Friday, January 20, 2012

Cold Night Woes



My passion lies within styling, I am convinced I have a third eye that sees everything differently which gives me the talent and ability to style. Although I do not work as a stylist, one day I will..for now I style myself, my friends and family from time to time and my best friend Rodrigo from day to day who sings and is looking to pursue a career in that field (check him out www.youtube.com/RJC2391).

In my prior post I mentioned that I would be posting clothing collages, of majority women's clothing, mostly to display my taste and style in fashion and most importantly to show off my styling skills, which can vary all the way from thrifted, vintage, modern, to boho. Comments are welcome!

This outfit I put together myself and would describe it as a relaxing casual night out in the middle of winter with your girlfriends to dinner and some drinks. Catch up on gossip while looking chic.

I'm all for mixing gold and silver, it's a very modern twist and as long as you do it tastefully, with the right shades, anyone can pull it off. That's why I went with an Elizabeth Knight tube necklace that hangs low to compliment your chest while also bringing out the gold zippers in the bottoms. For both of the rings I went with silver to break it up, the studded ring is Hermès, it's just enough edge to complete a simple outfit. The last piece of jewelry is also silver with a black stone in the middle to compliment the rest of the black in the outfit, cause you can never be wearing too much black. It's H&M and I actually just bought it myself last night.

For the top I went with a simple over-sized dull sweater to make the necklace pop, it's an Isabel Marant knit-linen sweater which will keep you warm without "suffocating" you. It would be long on the sleeves which is why I skipped out on adding bracelets or watches. 'Tis the season of leggings! Every woman's favored piece in her closet is a pair of leggings, whether they be just plain black or in this case..have zippers. It is LNA diamond zip leggings that will not only keep you warm as you bar hop, but compliment your shape and the black will leave you looking slimming.

Last but not least, the shoes and purse..two things that can make or break an outfit. The shoes and purse are just as important as your top and bottom. As I said before you can never be wearing too much black, so I went with the Dolce Vita Jemma platform that will give anyone that extra height and will have the whole room staring, and with such a simple colored outfit you don't wanna break it up too much which could result in a sloppy then rather chic look. For me I loved that shade of purple with that top and it was the right amount of color to pull the whole outfit together, it's a purple Latchmere suede tote.

You can buy this whole outfit at the links below:
Shoes: http://www.jildorshoes.com/product.cfm/hurl/jemma-platform-boot-black-suede/PI=89736
Leggings: http://www.glassworks-studios.com/product/lna10052/
Studded ring: http://usa.hermes.com/jewelry/silver-jewelry/rings/configurable-product-106546b-3957.html
Necklace: http://shop.tenover6.com/women/tube-necklace
Purse: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_089010584056_-1
NOTE: Top and H&M ring unavailable online.

No comments:

Post a Comment